PBS SoCal KOCE, the home to PBS for Greater Los Angeles and Southern California, is looking for a talented, energetic and organized intern. Our mission is to foster a love of learning, culture and community through our distinct PBS programming, available on four broadcast channels and online, as well as through person-to-person experiences in the classroom and the community.
PBS SoCal is seeking an intern to assist with Community Engagement events and activities in Fall 2017. This hands-on position will allow a successful candidate to leave the program with a highly developed skill set and portfolio pieces.
This position works within our Education and Engagement Department on community engagement and outreach projects. The intern will take part in planning, designing, and implementing community outreach events throughout Southern California that focus on engaging audiences with various PBS content and resources. This position is also an opportunity to learn and develop project management skills as the department interacts with several departments across the organization to complete its tasks (i.e. marketing, digital development, production).
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and qualify for class credit to be eligible. Seniors and graduate students preferred.
- Applicants must be organized, flexible, social, and professional with sharp writing and communications skills.
- Must be willing to travel around Los Angeles and Orange County.
- 16 hours per week are recommended (2 – 8 hour days). Most schedules are flexible.
- This is an unpaid internship. No guarantee of employment is implied through acceptance in our intern program.
To apply, please download and complete our application.
Send completed application, resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. Applications must include resume and cover letter.