REPORTS TO: Donor Relations Manager
About PBS SoCal
PBS SoCal KOCE is home to PBS for Greater Los Angeles and Southern California. The organization delivers its mission to foster a love of learning, culture and community through distinctive PBS programming available on three broadcast channels and online, as well as person-to-person experiences in the classroom and the community.
The Database Analyst reports directly to the Donor Relations Manager and is an integral member of the station’s development team with responsibility for identifying, researching, and analyzing prospects for major gift discovery, cultivation, and solicitation. The Database Analyst will also assist the Donor Relations Manager in tracking the moves management system to assure timely prospect follow up and data capture.
Includes prospect identification, research, preparation of data analysis and reporting. The Database Analyst will identify and rank new prospects using internal and external data sources, prepare documentation, provide detailed briefings, and write and develop detailed profiles. In addition, the Database Analyst will maintain an ongoing list of possible prospects for PBS SoCal and monitor prospect moves and goals.
70% Database Management/Reporting
- Manages and maintains constituent data in PBS SoCal’s donor database; including data entry, reconciliation and adherence to organization’s gift acceptance policies and procedures.
- Manage internal database requests and reporting; including building queries, outputs, and ad-hoc reporting
- Oversee data entry and tracking of major and planned gifts
- Collaborate with other departments to develop processes and best-practices for data entry, maintenance, and retrieval
- Meet regularly with different departments on station programs/initiatives for reporting
- Uses discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information
30% Portfolio and Prospect Administration
- Communicates regularly with Major Gifts Officers to interpret report data, identify and maintain new prospect needs of development staff in support of achieving department’s fundraising goals
- Assumes primary responsibility for portfolio and prospect needs of Development staff, enabling them to meet fundraising goals
- Using data analytics software, identify, qualify and prepare donor profiles to support fundraising efforts
- Maintain policies and procedures for the portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of work experience
- Demonstrates motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of PBS SoCal
- Knowledge of CRM systems or equivalent experience and understanding of database concepts, application, and reporting
- Ability to safeguard sensitive information and adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and organized
- Basic understanding of Oracle SQL
- Ability to adhere to organizational compliance standards
- Ability to set and meet goals and follow through on assignments
- Ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn new software and systems
While performing the duties of this job, the Database Analyst is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The working conditions are primarily a general office setting. Position may require some off-site travel to vendors and/or other such locations as necessary.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.