The Digital Fundraising Manager generates funds through the development of targeted online programs as well as fundraising initiatives involving new and developing media and technologies. The Digital Fundraising Manager meets short-term and long-term goals from new and existing membership sources by developing “best practices” for digital fundraising across multiple platforms. Reporting to the Vice President of Membership and On-air Fundraising and working closely with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Fundraising Manager focuses on cultivating donations and membership through email acquisitions; new methods of electronic fundraising such as social media and mobile; third-parties; and is responsible for cultivating new member prospects through newly developing avenues.
The Digital Fundraising Manager is accountable for contributing to PBS SoCal’s financial health and for active collaboration with numerous departments within PBS SoCal.
- Develops and implements digital fundraising programs (including new and existing e-newsletters and e-renewals), online content monetization, widgets, online application development, second-screen donations, hybrids utilizing traditional mail and on-air techniques, as well as collaboration with local and national partners such as PBS and other PBS stations. Supervises delivery of fundraising campaigns across digital, mobile, social media, and developing channels. Provides leadership for improving PBS SoCal’s online fundraising pages and member communications on PBSSoCal.org, for projects such as continuing member development, micro-donations, and other off-air activities.
- Manages cultivation of prospects through digital fundraising tools and initiates strategies to foster higher giving levels. Oversees current and ongoing email marketing programs from a fundraising perspective including e-renewals. Key focus on developing email acquisition campaigns for member cultivation directed at new markets, lapsed donors and Southern California users of PBS OTT devices and platforms.
- Works with Membership, Marketing, Digital, Development and other PBS SoCal teams to ensure the implementation of key touchpoints across digital media to foster member cultivation on social media, web, mobile and developing platforms.
- Develops standardized digital fundraising and membership procedures and ensures those standards are followed company-wide so that online and digital facing constituents receive a tailored and structured set of online and digital giving opportunities and services.
- Works closely with Vice President of Membership to set performance benchmarks and targets across all digital fundraising channels. Implements user testing techniques to improve response rates and increase donor retention. Evaluates and reports on monthly project accomplishments and budgets.
- Works closely with VP, Marketing and Director of Interactive to analyze and make recommendations regarding PBS SoCal electronic communications strategies to ensure the highest potential level of fundraising and membership cultivation. Also works with this team and to ensure all digital fundraising offers a great user experience, and is created in keeping with the PBS SoCal brand.
- Develop and test new initiatives and innovative concepts for public media fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience in progressively challenging professional roles.
- Strong knowledge of current and developing online fundraising strategies, social media, mobile and new technologies.
- Must understand “best practices” across multiple platforms and the knowledge base to develop “best practices” for emerging media types.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders across the PBS SoCal organization.
- A true team player who understands how to work productively in a team environment with others who may have disparate and conflicting goals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge and strong interest in public media, digital fundraising, marketing and design.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems (CRM), email service providers, internet applications, and content publishing tools.
- Familiarity with a variety of resources to keep up-to-date on the latest news in digital fundraising, marketing, sales, and design.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals while working under pressure.
- Project management experience in digital media required.
- Appreciation for public media’s mission.
- Experience within public media system desired, but not required.
- Experience with graphic design desired, but not required.
- Experience with Blackbaud products: Team Approach and Luminate desired, but not required.
Send resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.