REPORTS TO: Early Learning Manager
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Regular, Full-Time
About PBS SoCal
PBS SoCal KOCE is home to PBS for Greater Los Angeles and Southern California. The organization delivers its mission to foster a love of learning, culture and community through distinctive PBS programming available on four broadcast channels and online, as we as person-to-person experiences in the classroom and the community.
This full-time, non-exempt position reports to the Early Learning Manager and will support the Education Department by providing comprehensive project coordination in the area of early learning including: organizing camps, afterschool programs, coding workshops, and supporting parent workshops. This position will act as a liaison between the station, Los Angeles and Orange County community partners, and PBS SoCal educational initiatives. This position also coordinates the development of early learning materials and curriculum to educators, parents, and the community.
80% Project Implementation
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships with early learning educators, libraries, afterschool programs, community partners, school districts and other educational organizations.
- Organize, plan and facilitate camps, afterschool programs, coding workshops, educator trainings and family outreach activities that promote PBS KIDS resources and the utilization of educational media to improve student achievement (ages 2-8 with a focus on STEM & Literacy).
- Work with educators to facilitate learning through a variety of media-rich, interactive learning experiences.
- Promote and distribute Ready To Learn and PBS KIDS content and resources to parents, educators and early learning community organizations through workshops, trainings and outreach events.
- Implement PBS SoCal’s early childhood learning Mobile Lab in the community.
- Collaborate on grant proposal preparation, execution and reporting, including project budgets.
- Monitor trends in education pedagogy and remain current on early learning media/technology methodology.
- Assist with communication of PBS SoCal’s Education events, activities and materials through multiple media outlets (i.e. social media, e-newsletters, blog etc.).
- Assist with website, promotional resources, and printed materials in connection to early learning.
- Communicate with stakeholders (educators, partners, families, etc.) through print and electronic materials, promoting PBS SoCal’s role as an educational resource.
- Identify new promotional opportunities and outreach activities; attend related community events.
10% General Support
- Respond to inquiries, conduct daily business, and represent the station with a highly professional and personable demeanor at all times.
- Assist with PBS SoCal programmatic and educational initiatives as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 1+ years of proven experience managing education-related projects
- At least 3+ years of experience in education and/or education technology work
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Required
- Experience creating and implementing educational programs
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies, partner organizations, and stakeholders, both locally and nationally
- Creative approach to STEAM aligned ideals
- Must have general knowledge of and strong interest in young children and/or early childhood education
- Must be resourceful, self-directed, and a flexible team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks, prioritize work, and be comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment
- Highly skilled in effective oral and written communication
- Experience in trainings others, presenting to a group, and effective public speaking
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Google Docs, Apple technology (iPads, etc.), and current educational technology practices
- Ability to interface effectively and positively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, on occasion
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Valid CA Driver’s License and dependable vehicle to travel to outreach events
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with 4% match
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 19, 2018.