REPORTS TO: Vice-President, Development
STATUS: Exempt, Regular, Full-Time
About PBS SoCal
PBS SoCal KOCE is home to PBS for Greater Los Angeles and Southern California. The organization delivers its mission to foster a love of learning, culture and community through distinctive PBS programming available on four broadcast channels and online, as well as person-to-person experiences in the classroom and the community.
This full-time, exempt position reports to the Vice President, Development and is responsible for meeting PBS SoCal’s annual corporate, foundation and government fundraising goal. The Institutional Giving Manager is responsible for researching, developing and submitting grant proposals; stewards and cultivates PBS SoCal’s relationships with current and potential institutional funders; and manages organizational compliance including crediting, deliverables and reporting. With additional duties as assigned from PBS SoCal.
60% Institutional Grant Writing & Relationships
- Research, develop and submit corporate, foundation and government letters of inquiry and grant proposals
- Qualifies, Cultivates and Stewards relationships with current and prospective donors
- Collaborate across departments to translate the work of producers and educators into clear requests
- Conceptualize and develop new grant initiatives with budgets, goals and objectives, and outcomes
30% Evaluation & Reporting
- Manage all grant reporting activities including preparation of narrative and financial reports, impact studies, program deliverables and documentation.
- Convey the impact of PBS SoCal to funders through quarterly and annual reports
- Communicate with departments to ensure deliverables are met and budgets are expended
- Attend weekly departmental and other staff meetings; lead grant-related meetings
- Submit, report on, and project manage government grants
- Manage donor files within databases (TeamApproach, Google Docs, Protrack) and hard files
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of development experience, public broadcasting experience a plus
- Grant-writing and research experience required
- Strong writer and copy editor with ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to communicate across all organizational levels
- Self-starter able to manage grant calendars independently
- Creative problem-solver
- Occasional evening and weekend events to support development priorities
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with 4% match
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 19, 2018.