Supervisor: Director of Data Management
This full-time non-exempt position is a member of the PBS SoCal Membership and On-Air Fundraising department and reports to the Director of Data Management. The position plays an essential role in the management of PBS SoCal’s constituent relationship management systems (CRM). The management consists of keeping constituent account integrity, accurately processing transactions in a timely manner, account reconciliation and auditing while adhering to policies and procedures through quality control measures.
50% Database and Report Processing
- Manage and maintain constituent data in PBS SoCal’s CRM, Team Approach, and process transactional batches.
- Run and distribute canned Team Approach reports.
- Process automated batches from Team Approach charge process and our online CRM, Luminate. Provide CRA documentation of batches to finance department.
- Management of Matching Gift Organizations, transactions and reconciliation.
- Data entry of donations which consist of gifts, underwriting, grants, etc.
- Processing of refunds, reverse transactions (ie. chargebacks and non-sufficient funds).
- Review, correct and update transactional data on a daily basis.
- Auditing of constituent accounts.
- Communicate regularly with departments to interpret report data and understand and serve evolving needs.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation with finance department.
- Provide weekly financial reports to the finance department.
- Uses discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
Work with Membership and Development staff on custom reports as needed
20% Codes and Tracking
- Generate monthly and fiscal year codes for data entry in Team Approach.
- Generate direct mail codes in Team Approach.
- Run reports for code accuracy.
20% Quality Control and Data Clean-up
- Maintain quality control processes and correct and update any data clean-up.
- Ensure the database is continuously optimized for accurate reporting.
- Manage data accuracy and integrity.
10% Membership Department and other activities
- Work with Membership team and other departments to accomplish station’s mission.
- Works on live pledge nights and special events.
- Works on other projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and two or more years of work experience.
- Demonstrates motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of PBS SoCal.
- Knowledge of CRM systems or equivalent experience and understanding of database concepts, application, and reporting.
- Fundraising or membership experience preferable
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and Notepad++
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and organized
- Basic understanding of Oracle SQL
- Ability to adhere to organizational compliance standards
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set and meet goals, and follow through on assignments
- Ability to quickly learn new software and systems
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends on occasion
While performing the duties of this job, the Membership Database Coordinator is regularly required to sit or stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The working conditions are primarily those found in an office environment. Position may require off-site travel to vendors and other locations, as necessary.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.