POSITION TITLE: Membership Manager
REPORTS TO: VP of Membership & On-Air Fundraising
About PBS SoCal
PBS SoCal KOCE is home to PBS for Greater Los Angeles and Southern California. The organization delivers its mission to foster a love of learning, culture and community through distinctive PBS programming available on three broadcast channels and online, as well as person-to-person experiences in the classroom and the community.
This full-time exempt position reports to the Vice President of Membership and On-Air Fundraising and supports the Membership Department in areas of member and viewer communications, fundraising, membership events, marketing and communications, data entry, and other projects as assigned. This person also works with outside vendors and consultants and coordinates ticketed events for the station.
Membership Communication 50%
- Works with to the VP of Membership and On-Air Fundraising to develop all communications to PBS SoCal members via mail, email, newsletters, etc.
- Copy edits all outgoing member communications for direct mail, digital and other communications.
- Writes some pledge scripts for local pledge breaks and fundraising spots
- Responds to inquiries, conducts daily business, and represents the station with a highly professional and personable demeanor at all times.
- Manage relationships with the mail consultants, list brokers and mail house vendor to coordinate day-to-day operations of all outgoing mail and fundraising communications.
- Researches, designs, and implements strategies to engage and build relationships with members and viewers through direct marketing, on-air, online, and in-person communications.
- Develops and implements donor recognition efforts, including thank you calls and letters.
- Creates and organizes content for membership emails and develops strategies to increase reader engagement (open rates, click rates, and site views).
- Oversees the processing of Lockbox daily files. Uses discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
Special Events 40%
- Assists with planning and implementation of Membership and other departments’ events, including live pledge nights in the studio.
- Cultivates relationships with venues, promoters, artist management teams and program producers.
- Provides regular reports on status of areas of responsibility, including ticket offers, mail response results and membership marketing strategies.
- Creates pledge event ticket offers, works with Membership team to manage back-end logistics (including managing ticket inventories, pulling ticket holder lists from database, assigning seats, mailing tickets, coordinating day-of requirements with venue box office, and requesting ticket reprints), and serves as on-site point person at ticketed events.
- Works with Membership team and other departments to accomplish station’s mission
- Works on other projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Fundraising or membership experience
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writer and copy editor
- Ability to set and meet goals, problem solve, and follow through on assignments
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Must be very detail-oriented and organized
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to quickly learn new software and systems
- Ability to interface effectively and positively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends on occasion
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 27, 2017.