REPORTS TO: Donor Relations Manager
About PBS SoCal
PBS SoCal KOCE is home to PBS for Greater Los Angeles and Southern California. The organization delivers its mission to foster a love of learning, culture and community through distinctive PBS programming available on three broadcast channels and online, as we as person-to-person experiences in the classroom and the community.
The Prospect Research Analyst reports directly to the Donor Relations Manager and is an integral member of the station’s development team with responsibility for identifying, researching, and analyzing prospects for major gift discovery, cultivation, and solicitation. The Prospect Research Analyst will be responsible for identifying, collaborating, and presenting prospects to the VP Development, Sr. Major Gifts Officer, Major Gifts Officer and others as necessary for further cultivation. The Coordinator reports to and assists the Donor Relations Manager in tracking the moves management system; works closely with the VP Development, Sr. Major Gifts Officer, and Major Gifts Officer to assure timely prospect follow up and data capture.
Includes prospect identification, research, preparation of data analysis and reporting. The Prospect Research Analyst will identify and rank new prospects using internal and external data sources, prepare documentation, provide detailed briefings, and write and develop detailed profiles. In addition, the Prospect Research Analyst will maintain an ongoing list of possible prospects for PBS SoCal and monitor prospect moves and goals.
50% Portfolio and Prospect Administration
- Assumes primary responsibility for portfolio and prospect needs of Development staff, enabling them to meet fundraising goals
- Develop, Execute and Manage moves management procedures and processes.
- Using data analytics software, identify and maintains new prospects for qualification major gift officers.
- Maintain policies and procedures for the portfolio
50% Database Management/Reporting
- Manage procedures connected with Team Approach database
- Manage database requests, including building queries, outputs, and ad-hoc reporting
- Oversee data entry and tracking of major and planned gifts
- Collaborate with other departments to develop processes and best-practices for data entry, maintenance, and retrieval
- Meet regularly with different departments on station programs/initiatives for reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and experience with prospecting & donor research
- Ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience working in a donor relations capacity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, an aptitude for logical thinking
- Extensive research and computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Team Approach, Foundation Directory, ResearchPoint
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals
- Outcome driven; strong project management ability
- Demonstrated commitment to professional ethics
- Ability to safeguard sensitive information and adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the Prospect Research Analyst is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The working conditions are primarily a general office setting. Position may require some off-site travel to vendors and/or other such locations as necessary.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com by Friday, June 30, 2017.