PBS SoCal KOCE is home to PBS for Greater Los Angeles and Southern California. The organization delivers its mission to foster a love of learning, culture and community through distinctive PBS programming available on three broadcast channels and online, as we as person-to-person experiences in the classroom and the community.
PBS SoCal seeks an experienced fundraising professional to optimize support from donors and prospects in building annual support at the $10,000+ level, and in raising funds for PBS SoCal public media initiatives and special projects. In addition, the Senior Major Gifts Officer secures grants from individual, family and private foundations. This is an outstanding opportunity to advance the mission of one of the most successful public media organizations in the U.S. The Major Gifts Officer is a full-time, exempt, regular status position with benefits.
70% Donor Advancement
- Manage and develop portfolio of approximately 150 prioritized donors and prospects
- Responsible for cultivation, solicitation and purposeful stewardship of relationships for optimal support of PBS SoCal’s mission
- Responsible for advancing major gifts and planned gifts including individuals and institutions, project/campaign support, and serving as the fundraising lead for specific public media initiatives
- Assist with the development and implementation of a stewardship program
- Plan and attend all fundraising activities and events
20% Donor Strategy and Planning
- Initiate and execute donor strategy, communication and proposals for both internal and external audiences.
- Prepare planning and reporting materials as necessary for senior management.
- Responsible for regular maintenance of Donor files
- Create and prepare materials for distribution to donors
- Consistent tracking and reporting of major gift progress
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and compliance with PBS SoCal and AFP ethics policies and standards
- Successful experience in making cold calls and developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- High ethical standards and regard
- Experience in prospect research techniques and resources
- An understanding of the appropriate level of communication (both written and verbal) when interacting with donors
- Ability to exude professionalism, experience and confidence
- The ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage projects
- Highly-organized, motivated, proactive and goal driven
- Attention to accuracy and completeness of work
- Technologically savvy, with fluent use of business software systems including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and fundraising CRMs
- Orientation toward constant improvement and eager to learn new skills and systems
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and patience
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of direct fundraising experience – specifically major and planned gifts
- A passion for public media a plus
Send resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.