DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Digital Content Manager
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Part-Time, Temporary (March 2018-June 2018)
HOURS: 25 hours per week, Schedule to be determined
About PBS SoCal
PBS SoCal KOCE is home to PBS for Greater Los Angeles and Southern California. The organization delivers its mission to foster a love of learning, culture and community through distinctive PBS programming available on four broadcast channels and online, as well as person-to-person experiences in the classroom and the community.
The web developer is a temporary part-time position and will be a member of the team responsible for PBS SoCal’s digital properties including websites, apps and other future technologies developed by the organization. This team also drives the adoption of new technologies to reach our audiences. This position helps the digital team ensure the integrity of the digital user experience, and increase traffic, time spent viewing, frequency, and reach. The web developer reports to the Digital Content Manager.
This is a great position for a digital professional who’s looking to make a mark in a fast-growing non-profit organization.
- Compile and analyze research and metrics. Based on this data, provide strategic feedback and determine best practices for Digital team, as well as content, fundraising and marketing areas.
- Build and schedule email newsletters.
- Make updates to PBS SoCal’s website including remapping and elimination of redundant content.
- Help perform routine campaigns around fundraising, content, and underwriting.
- Project manage a variety of digital projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of experience in digital.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, minimum Associate’s degree, with major work in computer science, IT or related field.
- Ability to direct the work of vendors, employees and station partners or independent contractors that aren’t under the Web Developer’s direct supervision.
- Knowledge of web production and design, including writing, editing, graphic design, HTML, photography, and audio and video production. Good UX and design sensibility required.
- Expert-level experience with WordPress.
- Knowledge of current digital technologies, best practices, e-mail marketing standards, user-centered design processes, industry standards and trends, and usability testing methods.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using Google Analytics and other data analysis tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of public broadcasting, and PBS SoCal’s programs and activities. Must be able to utilize and be guided by the PBS SoCal mission and strategic plan.
- Consumer of and actively engaged in all forms of digital media including social media.
Compensation commensurate with experience
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.