Human Resources Manager
PBS SoCal is seeking a Human Resources Manager to provide a full range of human resource functions, including best practice recruitment and employment, onboarding and training, employee relations and performance management, employee appreciation and recognition, HR policy and employment law, compliance and risk management. This is a full time exempt position.
30% Talent Management
Responsible for the entire talent management cycle
- Coordinate and conduct recruitment efforts designed to attract quality candidates; assure all recruiting activities are in compliance with regulations
- Create and implement the onboarding process
- Drive the development and implementation of creative/cutting edge people policies and procedures that will help attract and retain talent
- Conduct exit interviews
- Help establish our employer brand in the community, in alignment with our mission and values
- Work closely with the management team and department directors to ensure recruiting, hiring, training and professional development needs are being met for the organization
30% Employee Relations
Help develop a positive working environment that honors all voices and ideas:
- Oversee employee relations issues, and provide counseling and coaching where needed
- Develop and deliver training to management and associates where needed
- Respond to questions from employees and managers on all aspects of HR
- Provide advice and counsel to members of the management team on employee issues including employment policies, employment laws and regulations; prepare necessary documentation; and participate in meetings as required.
- Plan and facilitate all staff related events, i.e. staff retreat, annual holiday party, annual picnic, etc.
30% HR Policies and Procedure
- Maintain human resource information, documentation and records.
- Update Employee Handbook and company policies regularly.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Coordinate FMLA/CFRA compliance practices
- Develop policies and procedures for Human Resources, in collaboration with senior management, and advise on the proper and consistent implementation of all policies/practices.
- Responsible for finalizing and updating Job Descriptions
- Responsible for maintaining and filing Annual EEO Public File Report
- Manage our innovative performance management process to help teammates grow and develop
- Administration of benefits
- Management of payroll database
- Process Workers’ Compensation claims
10% General Support
- Respond to inquiries, conduct daily business and represent the station with a highly professional and personal demeanor at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, Master’s and/or PHR certification preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years HR generalist experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of human resource function including policies, practices and programs
- Solid knowledge of employment regulations, wage and hour laws, etc.
- Skills in coaching, counseling, consulting, communication and collaborating
- High level of emotional intelligence and behavioral maturity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to build trusting relationships and interact with an inter-generational staff at all levels
- Proficient computers skills, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications
- Be well versed on federal and California employment law
- Results oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and manage projects
- Has a growth mindset - willing and able to try new things, seeks out and welcomes feedback, and learns from mistakes
- Passionate about pubic media and giving back to the community
- Must be well organized, customer service oriented and work well handling confidential information
Send resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.