Social Media Specialist – To Foster Change
The Social Media Specialist is a part time, grant-funded, hourly position (20 hours a week). This position will be responsible for writing, creating and curating content for social media channels related to a new initiative focused on the Foster Care system, with the objective of increasing traffic, reach and engagement. This position can be based in Costa Mesa or Century City.
Marketing Content Planning
- Manages the Social Media Content Calendar for project, ensuring content is being promoted in a timely manner
- Collaborates with Marketing Content Manager and other departments to develop integrated plans to support new content, events and other station initiatives related to Foster Care.
- Constantly generates ideas to improve marketing content, and to promote To Foster Change content via holidays, pop culture moments, trending topics and breaking news.
- Executes the To Foster Change social media strategy in partnership with marketing and interactive managers.
- Curates content and writes posts for all To Foster Change social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and other platforms that emerge as necessary.
- Stays on top of social media trends, changes in the landscape, and best practices in order to recommend strategies to maximize social media exposure.
- Tracks social media metrics, provides a weekly results report, and recommends changes necessary to improve reach, engagement and audiences.
- Monitors and reports on competitive social media channels.
- Researches similar social feeds to generate social trades and partnerships to increase our exposure
- Continually improves the project’s social media channel reach, engagement and fan base.
- Serves as community manager, responding to messages and comments on a timely basis.
- Attends station events and posts supporting social media content.
The ideal candidate is a creative writer and storyteller with proven ability to develop a brand’s voice across all channels. Also required are attention to detail, good organizational and multitasking skills, professional experience with content management systems and social media channels, and the ability to work cross-functionally with people at a wide variety of levels.
- Professional experience producing social media content and with building an audience for a brand’s social media channels from the ground up.
- BA/BS degree in marketing or related, or equivalent professional experience.
- Dual-minded – creative writer with the ability to be process-driven and rely on data to make decisions.
- Collaborative, collegial and resourceful, and willing to pitch in on a variety of projects within a small team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Must have an engaging and distinctive online personality and the editorial maturity to observe traditional guidelines of accuracy, responsible presentation, quality and trust that are inherent to the PBS brand.
- A curious observer of news, trends and pop culture (particularly Internet and television).
- Familiarity with or interest in television production with a focus on interactive storytelling.
- Passionate about proactively learning and researching new media and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and nonlinear video editing are a plus.
- Experience in Broadcast, TV, Radio, and/or Non-Profit a plus.
- Understanding of the Foster Care system a big plus
Send resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.