SR. Director of Membership/Individual Giving
This exempt position reports directly to the COO of PBS SoCaL/KOCE-TV Foundation and is responsible for supervision and oversight of all individual and membership fundraising.
- Direct all PBS SoCaL annual individual and membership giving campaigns, including direct mail, on-line giving and related special events.
- Coordinate annual giving program with on-air pledge campaign.
- Direct membership division and broader station wide promotion and marketing activities including the use of on-air promotional spots, website and email messaging/communication, print materials and other promotional activities and vehicles.
- Establish and manage new member acquisition, retention and upgrade processes.
- Analyze results of membership campaigns and develop strategies to identify new areas for growth in membership and membership revenue, including higher retention rates; increased average gifts; new prospect pools and expanded demographic reach; and net revenue.
- Work in collaboration with Planned and Major Giving Officer to identify and track individuals with major gift potential.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate membership staff to ensure that the highest standards of excellence are maintained, individually and as a team.
- Oversee database management system for all membership functions.
- Insure implementation of “best practices” within all aspects of the membership program.
- Provide regular reports as assigned by the COO and President/CEO.
- Develop membership-related collateral materials.
- Ensure excellence in “customer service” to donors and members of PBS SoCaL.
- Based on analysis, prepare, monitor, and present revenue and expense budgets, work with the COO to regularly reconcile membership-related financial records and reports.
- Demonstrate a commitment to fiscal responsibility in all activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising at a not-for-profit company or other relevant organization, with a special emphasis on individual giving and marketing at all levels.
- A demonstrated track record in the development of relationships with donors for purposes of cultivating and soliciting gifts.
- Demonstrates ability to prepare, administer and present budgets.
- Ability to write effectively and make oral presentations.
- Public broadcasting knowledge and work-related experience, with specific knowledge of PTV fundraising practices a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Or mail to:
PO Box 25113
Santa Ana, CA 92799-5113