So You Think You Can Write?
Every year, we hold a creative writing contest for young authors from kindergarden through 3rd grade here in SoCal. While we're always blown away by all the amazing submissions, we want to take a moment to say a big congratulations to our 2016 PBS KIDS Writers Contest winners. You kids seriously rock!
We received more than 367 entries this year from across Los Angeles and Orange Counties, including one entry from San Jose! There were many impressive, and very creative stories which made choosing this year's winners even more difficult for our judging panel.
Without further ado…may we proudly present our 2016 PBS KIDS Writers Contest winners!
1ST PLACE WINNERS:
- Ayaka Morita, 1st place, Kindergarten category – Camping with the Star
- Arjun Gaggar, 1st place, Third grade category – The Island of Ghostly Animals
- Jishnu Mukherjee, 1st place, second grade category – Yuoko The Queriot
- Owen Mansour, 1st place, first grade category – The Day I Ditched a Monster
2ND PLACE WINNERS:
- Saikrishnan Sitaraman, 2nd place, Kindergarten category - Nuk the Superhero
- Maximino Navarro, 2nd place, third grade category – My Hot Dog is Alive
- Eliana Gonzales, 2nd place, second grade category - Princess Heart and the Magical Unicorn
- Naomi Andrade, 2nd place, first place category - Share
3RD PLACE WINNERS:
- Natalie Duong, 3rd place, kindergarten categorty - The Superhero Monkey
- Onyinyechi Godwin, 3rd place, third grade category - Lily gets a Diamond Crown
- Pavitra Kasthuri, 3rd place, second grade category - Gawky the Golden Crystal of Purity
- Maya Tata, 3rd place, first grade category - Rescue Under the Volcano
- Emmanuel&Ian C and F - Meglodon vs Godpizza part#1
- Jimena Reyes, The Kidnapped Princess
Congratulations 2016 Winners! Be sure to check back next year for our 2017 Writers Contest!