Ready To Learn (RTL) promotes early learning through age-appropriate, educational and engaging content for children ages 2-8. PBS SoCaL’s Ready To Learn parent workshops train families on how to combine PBS KIDS transmedia resources hands-on activities. The workshops feature Ready To Learn resources and include an introduction to the interactive PBS KIDS Lab. These resources aim to enhance literacy, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (S.T.E.M.) skills in preparation for success in school.
Ready to Learn workshop participants will learn:
- How to engage little learners around early language, literacy and STEM concepts by using PBS KIDS Ready To Learn media resources integrated with technology
- How to connect PBS KIDS on-air and online content to literacy and S.T.E.M
- How to navigate PBS KIDS on-air and online resources
- How to effectively use technology as a tool for learning
- Practical uses of PBS KIDS on-air and online resources including take-home techniques
- The importance of adult-child co-viewing and co-playing
The workshops are conducted in English and Spanish. In collaboration with our partners, parents and children have access to the PBS SoCaL Mobile Lab, featuring digital resources including PBS KIDS apps. The Ready To Learn parent workshops are held at preschool centers, school districts, nonprofit organizations or early learning agencies throughout the Los Angeles and Orange county areas. Whether you are parent or a caregiver, you can learn how to engage little learners at home with interactive media resources and activities enhancing children’s early learning.
If your day care, preschool, or other group is interested in hosting a Ready To Learn workshop for parents or caregivers, please contact:
Alyssa Torrez - Education Manager at (714) 241-4187
Susie Grimm - Coordinator, Ready to Learn at (714) 241-4185