Become a member of our Volunteer Program today!
PBS SoCaL aspires to create effective partnerships that will help us accomplish the station's mission. To be a successful community partner, we must work as closely as possible with community members in our viewing area. Volunteers -- the foundation of any nonprofit -- are an essential part of the station-community connection.
At PBS SoCaL, volunteers play an active role in our day-to-day office operations, as well as contribute to the success of community events held throughout Southern California. There has never been a more exciting time to join the PBS SoCaL volunteer team, and we want YOU to be part of it!
Mission Statement of PBS SoCaL Volunteer Program
Our vision is simple: we aim to strengthen our already dedicated volunteer group with diverse individuals who can offer unique skills and passions. Volunteers will not only play an important role in our daily office operations but will also make valuable contributions to the success of community events held throughout our viewing area. Volunteers will work hand-in-hand with PBS SoCaL staff members to inform, engage, entertain, and unite communities across Southern California.
Why Volunteer for PBS SoCaL?
PBS SoCaL Volunteers...
- Support public broadcasting
- Meet other dedicated volunteers and staff members who share an interest in public broadcasting
- Gain new skills and experiences
- Pursue leadership opportunities through volunteering.
If you are 18 years old or older and can commit to at least four hours of volunteer time during a six-month period, please consider one of the following ongoing opportunities.
1. Community Outreach Events - Represent PBS SoCaL at community events throughout Southern California.
2. Live Pledge Nights - Answer phones and take pledges during a live pledge break taping in our Costa Mesa studio.
3. Daily Office Operations - Greet guests at the reception desk, make thank you calls to donors, conduct research for projects, and assist with administrative tasks.
4. Studio Tours - Tell visitors about PBS SoCaL and TV production as you walk them through our brand new Costa Mesa studio.
And much, much more! We are continually coming up with new volunteer positions to fill. Each month, we send all active volunteers a newsletter with a list of current volunteer opportunities. Past opportunities have included reading with kids at the LA Book Festival, acting as Sid the Science Kid at community events, and working "backstage" at the annual PBS SoCaL Gala.
Frequently Asked Questions
Volunteer Program Contact
Gloria Flores, Americorp Volunteer Coordinator
PBS SoCaL also works with Volunteer Groups!
Please contact us at 714-241-4162 or email@example.com for more information.
Made Possible by: The Bank of America Charitable Foundation