POSITION TITLE: Ambassador
REPORTS TO: Community Engagement Manager
STATUS: Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt (Roughly 25 hours per month- AS NEEDED)
LOCATION: Los Angeles and Orange County
COMPENSATION: $14.00/ Hourly
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) tells stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – PBS SoCal, KCET and LINK TV – are available for free on internet-connected screens, seven local broadcast channels, and one national satellite channel.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations, and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Ambassador will engage with viewers and community participants at various Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) events throughout Southern California. Such events will include but are not limited to: screenings, book signings, concerts, etc. It is the ambassador’s role to assist with promoting PMGSC programs, events and content and educating the public on PMGSC’s mission and vision.
- Represent PMGSC at community and professional events to promote PMGSC brand in a personable and professional manner
- Utilize word of mouth techniques, flyers and other marketing tools to increase awareness of PMGSC events and programming
- Demonstrate and communicate knowledge of local and national PBS programming and public media system
- Encourage individuals to attend events, participate in programs and/or provide financial contributions to support PMGSC events/ programs
- Assist with maintenance, transportation, inventory and other organization promotional items and or materials
- Offer additional support in assisting the education and marketing departments to promote the PMGSC brand and achieve PMGSC’s mission
- 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proof of Insurance
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.