POSITION TITLE: Associate Media Manager
DEPARTMENT: Content Development & Production
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Production
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities.
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Associate Media Manager to join our growing organization. If you are enthusiastic, flexible, inventive and great at multi-tasking, then send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Associate Media Manager functions as the technical expert for the department. This position will work with department management to create and support media systems in post-production. The Associate Media Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining databases to manage all media. The Associate Media Manager will work with Producers, Associate Producers, Production Coordinators and Editors across various productions to organize and maintain all video assets. The ideal candidate excels working in a fast-paced environment with rigorous attention to detail and organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Handle a full range of support functions with media database systems and software. These functions include but are not limited to ingesting, cataloguing, documentation and archiving.
- Handle daily media management tasks on their assigned show/project(s) as directed by the Producer, including: logging footage, transcribing, creating graphic files, editing, media organization, media requests, etc.
- Facilitate communication between core team members on their assigned show/project(s)—particularly the Producer, Associate Producer, Production Coordinator and Editor. Communicate with Co-Production Companies.
- Responsible for ingesting media from daily productions and sending out dailies when necessary.
- Manage retrieval of all finished video assets and maintain in-house production equipment.
- Organize video files for efficient access as well as organize production-related material.
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals.
- Basic understanding of documentary field production processes.
- Proficient in Adobe creative suite and database implementation.
- Expertise in Media Asset Management (MAM) software (Sony Ci, Cat DV, Avid Interplay, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail, writing/ editing skills, interpersonal/ communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of digital film/video post-production processes
- Proficient in editing at least one NLE software application (Adobe Premiere or AVID)
- Experience in LOG workflows
- Experience using digital cinema cameras (Arri Amira and Alexa Mini, Red cameras, Canon C300, and Sony FS7)
- Experience in sourcing and securing licensing rights for music, acquired footage, archival photos, and videos.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; film, television, media or related field preferred.
- 3 years’ of production experience preferably in DIT work and unscripted productions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.