POSITION TITLE: Controller
REPORTS TO: SVP, Finance and Administration
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Costa Mesa, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
About PBS SoCal
PBS SoCal KOCE is home to PBS for Greater Los Angeles and Southern California. The organization delivers its mission to foster a love of learning, culture and community through distinctive PBS programming available on four broadcast channels and online, as well as person-to-person experiences in the classroom and the community.
The Controller reports directly to the SVP, finance and Administration and directs general accounting functions and assists with streamlining and documenting accounting policies and procedures. If you are an experienced finance professional who enjoys working in a changing and fast paced environment, then send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all financial reporting and record keeping functions, internal controls, systems and procedures.
- Supervises and prepares monthly, quarterly and annual general ledger reconciliations and ensures that reconciliations for all asset, liability and capital accounts are prepared accurately and timely
- Plans and directs the monthly financial statement preparation of the income and balance sheet statements including analysis of accruals, analysis of the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts
Portfolio and Prospect Administration
Participates in the streamlining and documentation of Accounting Policies & Procedures.
- Participates in the design, upgrade and implementation of internal control procedures, as required.
Staff Management and growth
- Leads, manages and develops an accounting staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and five years of management experience
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles in a media environment
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills for monitoring accounting records and resolving accounting problems
- Good supervisory skills for managing professional staff, including the ability to monitor and evaluate worker performance, establish work priorities and delegate tasks
- Strong computer skills with excellent spreadsheet abilities
- Ability to work independently and under time constraints
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and Compensation
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan with 4% match
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.