POSITION TITLE: Digital Producer – Education
DEPARTMENT: Production and Content Development
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Digital Content
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development Opportunities
Work with Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Digital Producer to join our organization. If you are detail oriented, resourceful, and proficient with digital content and media, then send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Digital Producer will be responsible for the development, coordination, and production of digital content for education-specific initiatives, PBS campaigns, acquisitions, and digital initiatives. Education initiatives include, but are not limited to At-Home Learning, Family Math, and Student Reporting Labs. Digital content includes articles, video, social media content, ongoing editorial and multimedia projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Work with producers, social media editors, and staff to develop and manage digital content plans for campaigns, programs, and initiatives
- Create, distribute, and facilitate the execution of digital content plans (grids)
- Research and develop articles; take pitches and assign writers; copyedit articles and publish
- Write copy for headlines, descriptions, and websites; enhance content with photos, infographics, maps, and slideshows
- Edit cutdowns and clips from existing video content
- Pitch, script and edit social media videos
- Manage related media for distribution by coordinating and/or publishing media to various platforms including social media and YouTube
- Review website, video and social media metrics and respond to increase audience reach (eg. revising headlines, featured images, etc)
- Collaborate with marketing (including social media) and other departments that support or require digital content
- Research and develop digital content ideas and partnerships
- Work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to create media production for online platforms including short-form video content, social media videos, and articles
- Must have strong writing, editing, and headline skills with consideration towards SEO
- Must have photo editing skills with the ability to manipulate, crop, enhance images as needed
- Knowledge and experience with still-image photography using digital cameras/handheld video cameras
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills with photo and video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop
- Proficient with publishing on content management systems (Drupal and WordPress)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, highly motivated and goal-oriented
Education and Work Experience:
- BA/BS in Journalism, Mass Communication, or related
- 2-3 years of experience working for media outlets as an editor, multimedia or digital producer
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.