POSITION TITLE: Digital Producer
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Digital Content
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Digital Producer to join our diverse and growing organization. If you enjoy creating content, collaborating with production teams and are passionate about public media, then send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Digital Producer will develop, coordinate and produce a variety of digital content supporting original series and national PBS campaigns including: articles, short digital video, social video and multimedia projects.
- Develop and manage digital content plans for campaigns, programs, and initiatives
- Write copy for headlines, descriptions, and websites; enhance content with photos, infographics, maps, and slideshows
- Manage related media for distribution by coordinating and/or publishing media to various platforms including social media and YouTube
- Collaborate with marketing (including social media) and other departments that support or require digital content
- Research and develop digital content ideas and partnerships
- BA/BS in Film & TV Production, Cinematic Arts, Journalism or related (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working for media outlets as an editor, multimedia or digital producer
- Proficient in media production for online platforms including short-form video content, social media videos, and articles
- Must have strong writing, editing, and headline skills with consideration towards SEO
- Proficient with photo and video editing software, especially Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop
- Proficient with content management systems (Drupal and WordPress), social media platforms, and Google Analytics
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.