POSITION TITLE: Education Research and Evaluation Analyst
REPORTS TO: Director, Early Learning
STATUS: Two-year grant-funded, full-time, exempt position
LOCATION: Costa Mesa, CA or Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) tells stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – PBS SoCal, KCET and LINK TV – are available for free on internet-connected screens, seven local broadcast channels, and one national satellite channel.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations, and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Education Research and Evaluation Analyst will collaborate closely with departmental colleagues to create a culture of impact-driven education programs that are strategically aligned with the Education Department’s mission. The Education Research and Evaluation Analyst will work closely with Program
Manager to develop and implement evaluation strategies that demonstrate the impact of the Family Math project. The Education Research and Evaluation Analyst will be involved in the following five core components of the station’s Family Math project: 1) development of methods for data collection and support, 2) data collection and monitoring supervision, 3) data systems management, 4) data sharing/reporting, and 5) evaluation and assessment. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional track record of conducting community-based research projects and will be conversant in qualitative and quantitative methods, with a passion for ensuring that all children have a high-quality education.
This position will include some travel to Compton community partners for evaluation and research purposes. There will also be travel between the Costa Mesa and Burbank offices.
80% Project Implementation
- Help conceptualize, develop, and execute a plan to evaluate the station’s Family Math initiative.
- Co-design, develop, implement, and manage program evaluation, research, and analysis to collect actionable data that proves impact.
- Develop program/outcome area for Family Math & early learning agendas in collaboration early learning team and community partners.
- Collaborate with the education/engagement department to develop and refine tools for monitoring progress of strategies, outreach, and programs as appropriate.
- Lead efforts to proactively identify evaluation challenges and provide recommendations on measuring impact.
- Lead efforts to track program/operational indicators and utilize various data sources to monitor progress toward goals.
- Conduct general logistical work to support evaluation activities, including but not limited to focus groups, tracking of data, analysis, and review of research and data.
- Compile and synthesize information that may be used to define programmatic goals, identify emerging issues, and/or suggest new partnerships; and employ diverse tactics to share learnings widely.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis of existing internal and external secondary datasets from partners. Implement a quality assurance process of all evaluation, research, and data reports
- Develop a set of data tools that are shared with partners, such as interactive dashboards and reports.
- Uphold high standards of data security, privacy, and ethics.
- Summarize knowledge products (i.e., evaluation findings, research reports, reflection blogs, etc.) for the stations, funders, key stakeholders, and/or executive leadership program directors, when required.
- Contribute to briefs, articles, monographs, blog posts, and other research and communication efforts.
- Develop and sustain relationships with other researchers and stakeholder groups.
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with data staff within government agencies, education institutions, and community organizations.
10% General Support
- Respond to inquiries, conduct daily business, and represent the station with a highly professional and personable demeanor at all times.
- Assist with PBS SoCal programmatic and educational initiatives as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree with a Minimum of five years of related experience conducting evaluation, research, and measurement and/or data projects preferred; PhD preferred.
- Experience working on research and evaluation projects that focus on one or more of the following areas is highly desired: maternal/child health, early childhood education, systems change evaluation, public health, and process improvement.
- Experience with data development and management, tracking tools, data visualization, and data analytics software.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, conceive, coordinate, manage, implement, and evaluate large or multiple projects.
- Solid knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative methods, strong analytical skills, and the capacity to critique program designs and methodologies. Knowledge of and experience with formative and summative research studies.
- Continuous quality improvement of data evaluation and tracking.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and expertise with research and evaluation methodologies.
- Effective communications skills to effectively communicate data to a variety of audiences.
- Resourceful, self-directed, and flexible team player.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks, prioritize work, and be comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Google Docs, Apple/Android technology (iPads, etc.), and current educational technology practices
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and dependability
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, on occasion
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License and dependable vehicle to travel to outreach events
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com