POSITION TITLE: Family Math Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Family Math Program Manager
STATUS: Two-year grant-funded, full-time, non-exempt position
LOCATION: Costa Mesa, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) tells stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – PBS SoCal, KCET and LINK TV – are available for free on internet-connected screens, seven local broadcast channels, and one national satellite channel.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations, and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
Under the supervision of the Family Math Program Manager, the project coordinator will provide strategic support by project managing and assisting with the day-to-day program operations in the Family Math program, facilitate workshops, coordinate program outreach and build and maintain positive relationships with families, school administrators and nonprofit partners in Compton. This position also involves the administration of the program, which includes grant reporting and collaboration with other departments, including marketing, digital, and advancement. This position requires driving throughout different community partner sites in Compton and between Costa Mesa and Los Angeles offices. This position requires work evenings and weekends, on occasion.
80% Project Implementation
- Prepare, organize, deliver, and facilitate the Family Math Parent Academy, workshops, and other Family Math outreach activities that promote the utilization of educational media to improve family engagement around math.
- Assist with cultivation and maintenance of a portfolio of community partnerships, including early learning agencies, head starts, school districts, libraries, and other educational organizations in Compton.
- Assist with the recruitment of, train, and coach a talented team of parent facilitators.
- Works with family engagement specialists and educators to facilitate professional development trainings.
- Partners with Compton community partners, including families and educator, to identify family needs and provide resources, content, and direct service.
- Plan, execute, and reflect on family/community events and workshops/trainings based on family/community need for schools community partners.
- Implements evaluation tools to assess the program’s effectiveness, including data collection (attendance, surveys, etc.) and other evaluation activities.
- Collaborate on grant proposal preparation, execution, and reporting, including monthly department expense reports, in a timely manner.
- Monitor trends in early education pedagogy, parent engagement, and remain current on early learning STEM, media/technology methodology.
10% Partnerships & Communications
- Assist with the development and stewardship of Family Math stakeholder relationships.
- Works closely with Program Manager to support planning, development, and communication activities to ensure investment and adherence to the Family Math grant expectations.
- Collaborate with the Program Manager in convening partners and individual stakeholders in a productive dialogue around Family Math issues in Compton.
- Collaborates with the Program Manager to seek stakeholders’ input and to assess progress with the district’s engagement strategy; use feedback to improve strategy implementation.
- Liaison with advancement staff on budget, program, and grant reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with broadcast/production, development, marketing, communications, interactive, and education regarding initiative implementation for Family Math.
- Represent PBS SoCal and PMGSC at community forums and meetings; ascertain community leaders’ input regularly to track community issues and needs.
10% General Support
- Respond to inquiries, conduct daily business, and represent the station with a highly professional and personable demeanor at all times.
- Assist with PBS SoCal programmatic and educational initiatives as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 1+ year of proven experience managing education-related projects
- Knowledge of project management principals and skills and ability to plan and manage different education projects
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies, internal and external departments and partner organizations, and stakeholders, both locally and nationally
- Must have a general knowledge of and a strong interest in young children and/or early childhood education
- Must be resourceful, self-directed, and a flexible team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks, prioritize work, and be comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment
- Highly skilled in effective oral and written communication
- Experience in trainings others, presenting to a group, and effective public speaking
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Google Docs, Apple technology (iPads, etc.), and current educational technology practices
- Excellent attendance, punctuality, and dependability
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, on occasion
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Valid CA Driver’s License and dependable vehicle to travel to outreach events
To apply, please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com