POSITION TITLE: Family Math Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Director, Early Learning
STATUS: Two-year grant-funded, full-time, exempt position
LOCATION: Costa Mesa, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Family Math Program Manager is a grant-funded, full-time, exempt position responsible for the comprehensive strategy, project management, implementation of all the Family Math engagement within and on behalf of the station’s network of Compton school and community partners. The Program Manager serves as the primary liaison between the system of Compton schools, community partners and station staff and is responsible for facilitating and maintaining strategic programmatic partnerships and for participating in community-based collaboratives and networks in Compton. The Family Math Program Manager will work out of the station’s Costa Mesa office; however, weekly travel between Los Angeles offices and Compton locations is required. This position requires work evenings and weekends, on occasion.
60% Project Management & Implementation
- Direct and manage the Family Math Program Development from beginning to end, including: Excellent project management skills including experience developing and implementing work plans, meeting timeline projections, identifying stakeholders, identifying and acquiring resources, developing and tracking budgets, task follow-through, and event planning/logistics.
- Monitor progress against objectives, track outcomes, adjust plans and manage contingency efforts and resources as required.
- Compiles and manages budgets and cost estimates based upon documented program needs; ensures that programs are cost-effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Manage program expectations with team members and community partners.
- Develops trusted relationships with a team of cross-functional leaders to implement a districtwide and community partner engagement strategy, with the ultimate goal of building a community of Family Math leaders that value and support district’s and community partners family engagement goals.
- Manage staff, including a group parent facilitators that will facilitate family engagement initiatives (including partner activities).
- Develop and deliver professional development for key personnel, including teachers, principals, front-office staff, and parent liaisons, family engagement specialists, and families, to ensure effective Family Math engagement practices are embedded in day-to-day outreach.
- Collaborate with the Director of Early Learning, Evaluation Analyst, Curriculum developers to develop models for implementation and evaluation for the programs—including workshop activities, Summer Learning Day events, Pop-Ups, among other public media outreach models.
- Maintain current knowledge on best practices, evidence-based models, and other keys to success employed by benchmark institutions, researchers in the field, and relevant government agencies.
30% Partnerships & Communications
- Develop, manage, and steward relationships with Compton community stakeholders and partners who can bring experience, expertise, and knowledge regarding Family Math and Family Engagement practices to the initiative.
- Collaborate with various Compton parent organizations, non-profits, and parent advocacy groups to strengthen family engagement.
- Collaborate with the district, school-based leaders to develop guidance, protocols, and procedures, and provides support with the Family Math implementation of accountability structures to ensure investment and adherence to those expectations.
- Convene partners and individual stakeholders in a productive dialogue around Family Math issues in Compton.
- Create and implement consistent feedback loops with stakeholders to solicit input and to assess progress with the district’s engagement strategy; use feedback to improve strategy implementation.
- Liaison with advancement staff on budget, program, and grant reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with broadcast/production, development, marketing, communications, interactive, and education regarding initiative implementation for Family Math.
- Represent PBS SoCal and PMGSC at community forums and meetings; ascertain community leaders’ input regularly to track community issues and needs.
10% General Support
- Respond to inquiries, conduct daily business, and represent the station with a highly professional and personable demeanor at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in child development, early childhood education, or other relevant work with at least 5 years of project management experience.
- Strong organization skills, understanding of budgeting, and project management.
- Strong skills in conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Experience collaborating and building relationships with organization staff, government agencies, nonprofits, social workers, and foster parents.
- Strong understanding of the early childhood community and a sensitivity to the diverse needs of high-need communities.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information in a concise manner.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations, including academic workshops.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and limited direction.
- Outcome driven with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Innovative thinker and problem-solver who functions with creativity and initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Required background check and fingerprinting.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org