POSITION TITLE: Planned Giving Officer
REPORTS TO: VP, Advancement
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California is looking for a talented fundraising professional to join our growing organization. If you are experienced fundraising professional who is passionate about planned giving and is interested in leading as strong and successful department, then send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tells stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations, and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
This position is an integral part of Public Media Group of Southern California’s (PMGSC) advancement team. Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, and working closely with staff across the organization, the Planned Giving Officer is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the planned giving program. The Officer draws on a high level of charitable gift planning expertise to cultivate relationships with current and prospective legacy donors, and increase their involvement and support of KCET, LinkTV, and PBS SoCal.
- Manage the planned giving programs of KCET, LinkTV, and PBS SoCal
- Develop annual plans that grow member awareness and participation in the Legacy Society
- Administer incoming estates in consultation with lawyers, trust officers, and trustees
- Write planned giving marketing materials and communications
- Develop and implement donor strategies including in-person visits
- Attend advancement and PMGSC events
- Steward current Legacy Society members through recognition and personalized outreach
- Collaborate with Major Gift Officers on the development of their legacy donor strategies
- Maintain knowledge of current tax laws and gift planning vehicles
- Serve as a content expert to PMGSC staff
- Provide planning and reporting information to senior management
- Record donor interactions in database and files
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of planned giving experience
- Certified Specialist in Planned Giving, Certified Fund Raising Executive (preferred)
- Successful record of fundraising program development and implementation
- Experience in donor qualification, cultivation and solicitation
- Knowledge of planned giving methods, motivations, and best practices
- Willingness and enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts including staff, donors, Board members, attorneys, and vendors
- Highly organized, motivated, and collaborative
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, discretion and compliance with Public Media Group of Southern California policies and AFP ethical standards
- Proficient in the use of business software, fundraising CRMs, and prospect research services
- A passion for public media
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.