POSITION TITLE: Project Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Creative Services
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Creative and Brand Services
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities.
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented coordinator to join our growing organization. If you are detail oriented, organized, resourceful and great at problem solving, then send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Project Coordinator will be an important member of the Creative Services team of the Public Media Group of Southern California. This role supports the Creative Services and Marketing departments by maintaining and tracking creative deliverables, calendaring project timelines and priorities, managing asset workflows across, and works with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure an integrated and streamlined experience.
The ideal candidate for this role has excellent attention to detail and a talent for organization, scheduling and problem solving.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Create, update and maintain project management tasks and schedules with project management software
- Coordinate creative asset deliveries for on-air, digital and print
- Keep track of status on all creative projects and communicate regular updates with internal teams including Marketing, Broadcast, Sales, Digital / Social, and PR to ensure that all stakeholders are consistently informed
- Attend meetings and interface with internal stakeholders to convey production requirements to creative services
- Traffic and process payment and financial coding for creative orders
- Order printed and branded materials
- Download and organize files and assets from PBS Source, APT or independent film producer and distributers.
- Assist in the creation of project plans and schedules
- Communicate with Creative Services Head to ensure deadlines are met and all issues are effectively resolved
- Track project progress and proactively recommend appropriate actions if a deadline is not being met
- Experience or willingness to learn project management software like Wrike, Asana, or similar
- Basic understanding of graphic design process and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Printing preproduction, and broadcasting experience a plus
- Sufficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc) is required
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
- Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; Marketing, Business Management, Communications or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in media/entertainment, marketing, or similar field
- A passion for public media and marketing preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.