POSITION TITLE: Senior Vice President/Chief Financial Officer
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a tenured financial executive to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have investment management, business operations and non-profit experience. If you are interested in assisting with laying the financial groundwork of a new organization, then consider sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today.
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO serves as the senior financial officer of the organization and is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the organization. The CFO works with the Board of Directors and with the Board’s Finance, Audit, and Investment Committees. The CFO presents the annual operating and capital budgets to the Finance Committee and the Board, and is responsible for financial forecasts, insights and analyses as required. The CFO provides advice and counsel to the CEO on financial planning and management, investment management, business development and growth strategies, strategic planning, and business operations.
- Play a key role in the strategic and financial planning process of the organization, providing regular analysis and recommendations of financial and operating targets
- Oversee the management of investment funds working with the Investment Committee, including the development and implementation of the organization’s Investment Policy and the selection and ongoing work with investment advisors
- Ensure oversight and supervision of operational departments including: Information Technology, Engineering, Facilities, and Administration to ensure technical infrastructure and facilities in support of business operations
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience managing multiple corporate functions
- Broad expertise in financial management, including accounting operations and procedures, GAAP, budgeting, forecasting and performance monitoring, capital deployment and expenditures, treasury and cash management, financing structures, insurance, auditing procedures and oversight of internal and external audits, and compliance
- CPA and accounting degree or MBA desirable
- Prior experience as a Controller or CFO
- Financial and management experience with day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 50 staff persons
- Solid understanding of non-profit accounting, private and government grant accounting, accounting and finance systems and platforms, and related subjects
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 9, 2019.