POSITION TITLE: Traffic Associate
DEPARTMENT: Traffic and Broadcast Operations
REPORTS TO: Traffic Manager
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Los Angeles and Orange County
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for an enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented traffic operator to join our team. If you are problem solver with good planning skills who enjoys the mission of Public Media, working with individuals and teams to manage schedules, and coordinating multiple tasks within fast paced timelines, then send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com today!
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Traffic Associate will coordinate traffic and scheduling functions for the station’s digital channels and digital products and implement the contract and flight schedules for station breaks and tasks associated with interstitial content.
- Prepare daily program logs
- Manage client contract entry and maintenance, entering flights, coordinating traffic instructions
- Liaison between Underwriting/Sales, Traffic, and outsourced Master Control
- Lead role in downloading pre-produced Underwriting/Sales Client and Advertising Agency spots, including creating preview files for station approval
- Coordinating distribution of the approved content, using station-designated project management software, for processing to air at KCET and PBS SoCal
- Responsible for maintaining a broad understanding and assisting in completing and transferring completed broadcast logs as needed when directed by Traffic Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant experience that would provide the required qualifications in a related field Previous experience in a similar role as a Traffic Coordinator or Administrative Specialist a plus
- 2+ years of work experience
- Comprehensive familiarity with traffic log functions
- Possess strong computer skills and be fluent in database management, word processing, spreadsheet applications, and managing documents
- Experience with Myers/ProTrack software a plus
- Must be an active problem solver, be a team player, and communicate effectively on the status of projects
- Must be flexible with the ability to shift priorities as needed
- Ability to handle daily deadline pressure, handle a multiplicity of tasks simultaneously, with a high degree of accuracy, and effectively prioritize workload
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.