Every year, we hold a creative writing contest for young authors from kindergarten through 3rd grade here in SoCal. While we’re always blown away by all the amazing submissions, we want to take a moment to say a big congratulations to our 2016 PBS KIDS Writers Contest winners. You kids seriously rock!
We received more than 367 entries this year from across Los Angeles and Orange Counties, including one entry from San Jose! There were many impressive, and very creative stories which made choosing this year’s winners even more difficult for our judging panel.
Without further ado… may we proudly present our 2016 PBS KIDS Writers Contest winners!
1ST PLACE WINNERS:
- Ayaka Morita, Kindergarten – Camping with the Star
- Owen Mansour, First Grade – The Day I Ditched a Monster
- Jishnu Mukherjee, Second Grade – Yuoko The Queriot
- Arjun Gaggar, Third Grade – The Island of Ghostly Animals
2ND PLACE WINNERS:
- Saikrishnan Sitaraman, Kindergarten – Nuk the Superhero
- Naomi Andrade, First Grade – Share
- Eliana Gonzales, Second Grade – Princess Heart and the Magical Unicorn
- Maximino Navarro, Third Grade – My Hot Dog is Alive
3RD PLACE WINNERS:
- Natalie Duong, Kindergarten – The Superhero Monkey
- Maya Tata, First Grade – Rescue Under the Volcano
- Pavitra Kasthuri, Second Grade – Gawky the Golden Crystal of Purity
- Onyinyechi Godwin, Third Grade – Lily gets a Diamond Crown
Congratulations 2016 Winners! Be sure to check back next year for our 2017 Writers Contest!