Airs October 2, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. on PBS SoCal
Check here to see broadcast dates and times around the country
Bill W.: The Creative Force Behind Alcoholics Anonymous tells the story of William G. Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, a man included in TIME Magazine's "Time 100: The Most Important People of the Century." Interviews, recreations, and rare archival material reveal how Bill Wilson, a hopeless drunk near death from his alcoholism, found a way out of his own addiction and then forged a path for countless others to follow.
With Bill as its driving force, A.A. grew from a handful of men to a worldwide fellowship of over 2 million men and women – a success that made him an icon within A.A., but also an alcoholic unable to be a member of the very society he had created. A reluctant hero, Bill Wilson lived a life of sacrifice and service, and left a legacy that continues every day, all around the world.
Bill W.: The Creative Force Behind Alcoholics Anonymous is co-produced by PBS SoCal and Page 124 Productions, LLC. Produced and Directed by Kevin Hanlon and Dan Carracino, Executive Producer Brenda Brkusic, Associate Producer Michelle Merker.
For PBS SoCal
- President & CEO: Andrew Russell
- Station Manager: Ed Miskevich
- Executive Producer of Program Development & National Productions: Brenda Brkusic
- Program Development Coordinator: Michelle Merker
About the Show
PBS SoCal is the Presenting station for Bill W.: The Creative Force Behind Alcoholics Anonymous
- PBS SoCal AND Page 124 Productions Present Bill W.: The Creative Force Behind Alcoholics Anonymous
- Preview Video for credentialed members of the press (for password contact Brenda Brkusic)
- Hope Reed, station relations
- Program Stills
- Social Media Suggestions
- Promo Video in COVE
- Preview Video for station programmers (for password contact Brenda Brkusic)
- NETA Feed: Friday, September 30, 2016 @ 1100-1300ET/HD04 - Promo available in PBS Dropbox