This is an educational program designed for college students who are interested in pursuing a career in broadcasting, journalism, non-profit work, communications, design, or business. It will provide an opportunity for you to learn the operation of the department assigned, at the same time allow you to perform some of the job functions that are critical to the learning process. The is an unpaid internship.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and qualify for class credit in order to be eligible.
- Majors in Business, Design, Marketing, Communications, Broadcasting or Public Relations preferred.
- Must be web savvy with well-honed writing skills, and an understanding of public television and non-profit organizations.
- Ideal candidates with experience working in an office setting is preferred, but not required.
- Must be available for 150 hours over the course of the semester.
- Typical schedule is 15 hours a week for 10 weeks, although alternate arrangements can be made.
- Eligible candidates will be contacted by phone.
- A non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement is to be signed upon selection as an intern.
- No guarantee of employment is implied through acceptance in the internship program.
- Candidates who are accepted into the PBS SoCaL Internship Program are required to complete a background check prior to their start date.
- E-mail your resume, cover letter and application to firstname.lastname@example.org