PBS SoCal KOCE, the home to PBS for Greater Los Angeles and Southern California, is looking for a talented, energetic and organized intern. Our mission is to foster a love of learning, culture and community through our distinct PBS programming, available on four broadcast channels and online, as well as through person-to-person experiences in the classroom and the community.
PBS SoCal is seeking current college juniors, college seniors, or recent college graduate students who are interested in gaining valuable experience in the early learning programming with a focus on STEM and Literacy. The early learning intern will work primarily with the early learning manager to support the administrative support of our early learning projects which includes marketing and communications of our website and e-newsletters.
- The position will support the early learning team at community events, parent workshops, educator training; assist with communication of PBS SoCal Education events, activities and materials through multiple media outlets (i.e., social media, e-newsletters, blog, etc.)
- Assist with the website, promotional resources, and printed materials in connection to early learning.
- Communicate with stakeholders (educators, partners, families, etc.) through print and electronic materials, promoting PBS SoCal’s role as an educational resource
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and qualify for class credit to be eligible. Juniors, seniors and recent graduates preferred.
- Education and experience with marketing, communications, or education related field
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which include a thorough
command of the English language, spelling, writing, and grammar and a strong attention to detail.
- Be familiar with major social media tools.
- Have effective organizational and time management skills; productive, efficient work habits and the ability to prioritize, multitask and exhibit flexibility.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must be willing to travel around Los Angeles and Orange County.
- 16 hours per week are recommended (2 – 8 hour days). Most schedules are flexible.
- This is an unpaid internship. No guarantee of employment is implied through acceptance in our intern program.
To apply, please download and complete our application from. Send completed application, resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. Applications must include resume and cover letter.