PBS SoCal is seeking current college juniors, college seniors, or recent college graduate students who are interested in gaining valuable experience in the early learning programming with a focus on STEM and Literacy.
The early learning intern will work primarily with the early learning manager to support the administrative support of our early learning projects such as parent workshops and educator training. The early learning intern will also assist with communication of PBS SoCal’s education events, activities, and materials through media outlets (i.e., social media, e-newsletters, blog, etc.). Also, the intern will learn how to respond to inquiries, conduct daily business, and represent the station with a highly professional and personable demeanor at all times. Assist with PBS SoCal programmatic and educational initiatives as needed. The early learning intern will also work closely with other members of the Education Program team to help with other activities within the organization.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and qualify for class credit to be eligible. Juniors, seniors and recent graduates preferred.
- Basic understanding of early learning and or education outreach and program, strong research and writing skills are preferred. Strong organizational and time-management skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel. Independent, highly organized and detail-oriented. Energetic, hard-working and enthusiastic team player.
- Must be willing to travel around Los Angeles and Orange County.
- 16 hours per week are recommended (2 – 8 hour days). Most schedules are flexible.
- No guarantee of employment is implied through acceptance in our intern program.
To apply, please download and complete our application from http://www.pbssocal.org/about/internships/
Send completed application, resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include resume and cover letter.