We adore all of our PBS Kids programming of course, but lately, let the record show, we’ve been particularly taken with Peg + Cat.
Peg + Cat, created by Billy Aronson and Jennifer Oxley follows an adorable little girl named Peg and her sidekick Cat as they embark on adventures, solve problems together, and learn foundational math concepts and skills. In each episode, Peg and Cat are challenged by A REALLY BIG PROBLEM and they must find a way out of this funny crisis without totally freaking out!
It’s a terrific show, perfect for kids ages 3-5, but also pretty entertaining no matter what age you may be. And that leads us to our point. As we’ve been watching, we’ve noticed a few things that clearly indicate Peg is indeed a hipster (and that makes her even more endearing if you ask us!) Here are the 5 tell-tale signs that Peg is a hipster:
1. Peg is a free-spirited girl who raises free range chickens. #Urbanfarming
2. Peg has a ukulele and plays like a rockstar. She did a math-based cover of All About that Bass. No joke.
3. Like any good hipster worth her salt, Peg is an entrepreneur. She opened her own lemonade business to support her Special Marble Company.
4. Peg does not have a warehouse where she stores her marbles, she keeps her marbles under her red knitted beanie. Who wears knitted beanies you ask? Oh yeah, hipsters!
5. Peg is basically the standard cool-cat-lady of today, a la Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast. Except Peg’s cat is a talking indigo feline who accompanies her on all her adventures and has near perfect comedic timing. #PetGoals
The list could honestly go on, but we think we’ve made our point. Be sure to check out Peg + Cat to get your daily dose of adorable, hipster, mathematician goodness! Catch episodes on KOCE 50.2 Monday through Friday at 10:30 a.m. or watch online anytime!