What is PBS SoCal Passport?
PBS SoCal Passport is one of the benefits you receive when you support PBS SoCal by giving $5/month or $60/year or more. With Passport, you can stream many of your favorite PBS SoCal programs – full seasons of Masterpiece as well as episodes of NOVA, Nature, American Experience, American Masters, Great Performances, POV and more. You can stream them on our Watch Now page, on the PBS app on your phone or tablet or on the PBS channel on your Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV and some smart TVs.
How can I activate my PBS SoCal Passport account
When you make a contribution to PBS SoCal, you’ll receive an email with a link to activate your Passport benefit. Just click that link and sign in or create a login. You only have to activate Passport once. From then on, you can use your login on any device.
If you did not receive an email, click here.
How do I watch PBS SoCal Passport?
To watch on our website:
- Click Member Sign In at top right side of our website
- Sign in using the login you used to activate Passport
- Choose a program, and watch it!
If you’d like to set up PBS SoCal Passport on your phone, tablet or streaming player, just download the PBS app and activate Passport on your device. Here are some helpful links:
I’m seeing a message that says I already activated, but I can’t remember how to sign in
There are three sign in options: Google, Facebook, and a PBS account. If you cannot remember which option you chose when you activated, the easiest plan is to just try all three until one works. Each has its own process for resetting passwords if you need to.
Can I view PBS SoCal Passport videos outside the United States?
Due to rights restrictions, our streaming videos can only be viewed within the United States.
I’m not seeing my favorite PBS show in PBS SoCal Passport. Why not?
We would love to be able to offer every single program. However, streaming rights have to be negotiated separately for each program, and for financial or contractual reasons, we can’t always secure those rights. But we’re doing our best and adding new programs all the time.
I cannot afford to donate at this time. Is there a way for me to view this content?
Yes! Just go to pbssocal.org and click Watch Now or download the PBS app on your streaming player, phone or tablet. We have thousands of hours of PBS SoCal shows you can stream without a membership – programs on art, science, history, music, culture, nature, local stories and more. All our current affairs series – PBS NewsHour, Washington Week, Frontline, Amanpour, to name a few – will always be available for free. Nearly all our programs are available for free streaming for at least two weeks after they premiere. You will always be able to watch PBS SoCal on television for free.
My video is stopping and starting, how do I fix this?
- If you have an ad blocker on your computer, you’ll need to disable it for pbssocal.org
- If Flash was disabled on your browser, the video won’t play, so try enabling Flash in your browser’s settings
- If cookies were disabled on your browser, then the video won’t play so try enabling cookies in your browser’s settings
How do I change the email address I use to log into my PBS account?
- Go to pbs.org and click Sign In at the top left corner
- Click the blue bar labeled Sign In with PBS Account and sign in
- After a second, your name will appear at the top left of the screen. Click your name, then choose Profile
- Click the green EDIT button
- Type your new email address over your old email in both fields
- Click the green UPDATE button
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. PBS SoCal is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, so your donation is tax-deductible. PBS SoCal Passport is a member benefit and not available for purchase, so there is no fair market value.
There are additional FAQs here. And if you ever get stuck, please contact our technical support center online or call (844) 812-5623. If you need help with your membership, please contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 241-4100 ext. 4.