We understand that integrating media and technology with education has been challenging from a distance. As your local public media station, we are committed to providing early childhood educators with resources and strategies to support families and students with new educational opportunities for at-home learning.
We recognize that the success of your students depends on all of us (community organizations, educators, and parents) working together, and we have developed high-quality resources and training to help you provide equitable and inclusive learning opportunities for your students and families. Below is an overview of our professional development webinars for summer learning and to help you prepare for the new academic year.
Intro Webinar: At-Home Resources for Continued Distance Learning
This 30-minute intro webinar provides an overview of PBS SoCal’s At-Home Learning resources, PBS LearningMedia, and other PBS KIDS resources for early learning educators. Register to attend a live session on Thursdays at 10 am PDT. This webinar is the same every week.
Weekly Webinar Series: Strategies for Continued Distance Learning
This weekly webinar series provides content and techniques for engaging in distance learning with media and technology. Join every Friday at 10 a.m. PDT for a 60-minute deep dive into a weekly theme and demonstrations of hands-on activities that can be replicated at home. This webinar series covers a new topic every week such as Science, English Language Development (ELA), Math, Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) and integration of learning technologies for distance learning.
Register for Upcoming Webinars | View Webinar Details
July 2, 9, 16, 23, & 30: Intro Webinar
July 7: Empowering Anti-Racist Early Learners
July 10: Literacy and Social Studies with Molly of Denali and Let’s Go Luna!
July 17: Science Inquiry and Engineering Design at Home
July 24: Fun and Engaging Math with Peg + Cat and CyberChase
July 31: Navigating the Digital World with Early Learners (SEL)
Aug. 7: Introduction to Media and Technology Integration
Aug. 14: Integrating Technology with Science, ELA, Math and Fun!
Aug. 21: Integrating Technology with Social Studies and Writing
In addition, we have compiled a list of free and Spanish bilingual resources and tools to help early learning educators provide learning opportunities for families and students.
- At-Home Learning offers broadcast programming and accompanying digital resources that adhere to California’s state curriculum.
- PBSLearningMedia provides free teaching resources including videos, lesson plans, and games aligned to state and national standards.
- PBS KIDS offers engaging and interactive content for young children, including educational games, streaming videos, and activities from Curious George, Wild Kratts and other PBS KIDS shows.
- PBS KIDS LEARN provides learning resources to help make the most of PBS KIDS content and support children’s learning every day.
- 5 Virtual Ways to Build a Classroom Community
- Tips and Apps to Design Meaningful Educational Experiences
- 6 Tips to Help Educators Start Their Online Classes
- Ways to Integrate Cell Phones in the Virtual Classroom
- Bright by Text sends text messages with free activities and resources from PBS Socal and other trusted sources to parents and caregivers with children ages 0-8 years old.
- A collection of Spanish-language education articles from PBS SoCal.
- PBS for PARENTS offers information, activities and tips on child development and early learning for parents and caregivers.
- PBS KIDS App allows you to watch all your favorite PBS KIDS shows anytime, anywhere.