Integrating media and technology can be a challenge, especially for distance learning. As your local public media station, we are committed to providing early childhood educators with resources and strategies to support families and students with new educational opportunities for at-home learning. Join us every week to develop the skills necessary to select, use, and integrate technology for learning.
Register for Upcoming Webinars
When: April 29, 2021 | 4:00pm - 5:00pm PSTJoin PBS SoCal and educator Bethany Nelson to dive into the joy and growth of theater making as it relates to early learning. Educators will engage in playmaking and learn the pedagogy behind expression and social emotional development. Register here.
When: May 6, 2021 | 4:00 – 5:00 PSTPlease join PBS SoCal and panelist Alice Tsui for a 60-minute professional development webinar highlighting the importance of teaching, protecting and celebrating Asian American and Pacific Islander life. Alice Tsui is an antiracist educator and music teacher based in Brooklyn, NY. The webinar will cover strategies and resources for including the Asian American and Pacific Islander experience in early learning classrooms and beyond. Register here.
When: Every first Wednesday of the month | 4:00pm - 4:30pm PSTOn the first Wednesday of the month, PBS SoCal will host a 30-minute resource webinar that covers the different platforms available to early learning educators, as well as information and resources for lesson planning with PBS KIDS. Register here.
When: Every third Thursday of the month | 6:00pm - 7:00pm PSTJoin PBS SoCal for an hour of relaxation, reflection and celebration of another month of distance/flex learning! Educators have the opportunity to connect with one another, decompress and have fun while receiving PBS goodies for them and their classrooms. Register here.
Educator Tools and Resources
In addition, early learning educators can find free and resources and tools to provide learning opportunities for families and students using the PBS KIDS Digital Boxes.
- At-Home Learning offers broadcast programming and accompanying digital resources that adhere to California’s state curriculum.
- PBSLearningMedia provides free teaching resources including videos, lesson plans, and games aligned to state and national standards.
- PBS KIDS offers engaging and interactive content for young children, including educational games, streaming videos, and activities from Curious George, Wild Kratts, and other PBS KIDS shows.
- PBS KIDS LEARN provides learning resources to help make the most of PBS KIDS content and support children’s learning every day.
Visit our Educators page to find the latest articles with tips for educators.
- Three Autistic Disability Rights Activists to Amplify in Your Classroom
- Three Virtual Games to Help Students Improve Their Attention in Four Ways
- Five Anti-Bias Education Strategies for Early Childhood Classrooms
- Honor Your Students' Heritage by Pronouncing Their Names Correctly
- How to Unwind After Teaching Online